The dental impression kit
The impression kit comes with an impression tray
and 4 containers with impression material: 2 white and 2 blue.
(There is a video showing usage at the bottom of this page).
How to use the impression kit:
1. Open the 4 containers
2. Take out the impression material
3. Mix them as fast as you can, in about 30 seconds (the material will start to harden after starting to mix).
4. Divide the material in 2 equal parts and roll each into a cigar shape
5. Lay and gently press the rolls into the upper and lower tray
6. Take the tray into your mouth and push it in as far as you can
7. Bite into the impression material as deep as you can, until you feel hard resistance.
8. Don't move your teeth anymore and wait for 2 minutes
9. Bite out of the hardened (but flexible) impression material (you will have to hold the tray firmly and even press it up/down to be able to do so).
Components of the impression kit
Short video showing the process - if you are actually going to do it watch detailed instruction below.
Video showing the complete process of taking an impression